Are you planning to apply for your ICF credentials? Whether you are gunning for an ACC or a PCC credential, here are some helpful tips to help you apply for credentialing with confidence!
Choose which ICF Credentialing path you would wish to take. You may select the Approved Coach Specific Training Hours (ACSTH) or Accredited Coach Training Program (ACTP) path when you apply for your credentialing. Choose what best works for you. You may read more here: https://coachingfederation.org/credentials-and-standards
After choosing your path, complete the requirements. Each path has a unique set of requirements you must complete before you apply for credentialing.
Part of the requirements is to pass the Coach Knowledge Assessment (CKA). Here are some tips to prepare for the CKA exam:
- Study and live the updated ICF Code of Ethics
- Study and practice the ICF Core Competencies
- Voice-record the updated ICF Core Competencies and Code of Ethics – listen to your recording
- Watch out for CKA sample questions on the ICF website
- Approach trusted ICF coaching experts for clarifications
If you choose the ACSTH path, a requirement is to submit a voice recording with written transcripts. Here are some tips about recordings:
- Prepare multiple samples/recordings
- Develop the habit of listening to your own recordings right after your sessions
- Be aware of your habits – talking too much, being directive, etc.
- Seek the support of reputable ICF coaching practitioners to review your recordings